John C. Stewart
Mr. Stewart is a partner of the firm and practices Commercial Law.
Born in 1958, John grew up in rural Manitoba and received his Bachelor of Science in Agriculture from the University of Manitoba in 1980.
John began his farming operation at Poplar Point, Manitoba in 1980 while commuting to oil and gas exploration rigs in the Canadian Arctic and offshore in South America. Married in 1984, John returned to Manitoba and began a consulting practice that assisted agricultural businesses experiencing financial difficulty.
John graduated with an LL.B from the University of Manitoba in 1992 and was called to the Bar in 1993. Establishing himself in private practice, he focused primarily on agricultural corporate and commercial transactions, financing, real estate and commercial re-organizations.
He joined D'Arcy & Deacon LLP in 1998 and expanded his practice to include more complex corporate and commercial transactions, maintaining a particular emphasis on agri-business. Mr. Stewart's clients include regional and international agricultural businesses, manufacturing companies and foreign investors.
Mr. Stewart serves numerous not-for-profit organizations and associations.
John and Ingrid have four children and live at Poplar Point, Manitoba.
John Stewart provides legal services through John Stewart Law Corporation in both English and German.
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Science (Agriculture), 1980
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Laws, 1992
- Called to the Manitoba Bar, 1993
- The University of Manitoba Faculty of Law - Solicitors' Transactions Course (2002 - 2007)
- The University of Manitoba Faculty of Agriculture - Agriculture and the Law (2006 - 2010)
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Association of Farm Advisors (Winnipeg Chapter)
- Member, Manitoba Institute of Agrologists
- Director, Agricultural Institute of Canada