Shilpa is an international lawyer with a combined practicing experience of the 19 years overseas and in Canada. She has a LLM in Business Law from National law school in India. She has offered legal services for Big4 consulting firms Ernst and Young and PwC and as inhouse counsel for the Times of India Group in New Delhi.
She has articled with in-house legal team at Pollard Banknote Limited, Winnipeg. In 2022, driven by desire to practice independently Shilpa joined Progressive Legal Solutions LLP and established her practice. She joined Darcy Deacon LLP in November 2023 and practices in the areas of real estate, corporate commercial laws, family, wills & estate, civil litigation.
Shilpa is passionate about real estate and acts as a lawyer for residential and commercial property purchase and sale throughout Manitoba. On the commercial side she assists her clients with purchase/sale of business assets or shares of a corporations, contracts etc.
She has the desire to assist families through the emotionally and intellectually challenging issues they face when there is a breakdown of the family unit. Shilpa guides her client's through the difficult issues while being considerate about issues surrounding the breakdown.
In her spare time, Shilpa loves spending time with her daughter and family in Winnipeg.
- Call to the Manitoba Bar 2022
- NCA Certificate of Qualification, Federation of Law Societies of Canada 2020
- Master of Law Degree (LL.M.) ‘Business Laws’, National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, India 2008
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B.), Institute of Law, Jiwaji University, India 2005
• Member, Manitoba Bar Association
• Member, Canadian Bar Association
• Member Asian Women of Winnipeg