Darcie is a partner with the firm. After articling with D'Arcy & Deacon, she received her call to the Bar in 1996 and has practiced with the firm since that time. Darcie is an integral part of the D'Arcy & Deacon litigation department practicing primarily in the areas of labour and employment, administrative law and civil litigation. Her practice includes labour relations, insurance defence work, municipal law, pension matters and general litigation.
Darcie has been a lecturer and participant in seminars on legal issues on labour & employment matters, pension administration, administrative advocacy and a variety of general litigation matters. Darcie has also been a volunteer member of various community and charitable organizations.
Darcie enjoys extra-curricular activities including running, rock climbing, rappelling, zip-lining and gardening. She is also an avid fan of various sports inclusive of the Winnipeg Jets and various sport teams run by the Southdale Community Club. Darcie is fun-loving and has a keen sense of adventure.
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Laws, 1995
- Called to the Manitoba Bar, 1996
- Ongoing professional development in preferred areas of practice
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Civil Litigation, Administrative Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution Subsections of the Manitoba Bar Association
- CPLED facilitator for Law Society of Manitoba
- Past Seminar Leader, Administrative Advocacy - Bar Admission Course
- Involved in serveral community volunteer organizations with focus on education, fitness and sports
- Past Member of the Board of Management, Salvation Army, Grace General Hospital and Golden West Centennial Lodge
- Past Chair Quality Review Committee of the Salvation Army, Grace General Hospital and Golden West Centennial Lodge
- Past Board Member, Ethics Committee, Salvation Army, Grace General Hospital and Golden West Centennial Lodge