Mr. Wookey is an associate in the firm and practices in the civil litigation department with experience in creditors and debtor law, bankruptcy and insolvency law, construction litigation, builders' liens, personal property security, property tax assessment, estate litigation, personal injuries, insurance and other civil matters. He has considerable experience in the use of computerized document and transcript handling systems for preparation and conduct of court proceedings. He has done extensive work with clients in the lending and automotive financing fields dealing with all aspects of account collection, litigated claims, priority disputes, personal property security issues, seizure of collateral and bankruptcy considerations. He has appeared in all of the Courts in Manitoba and before various boards and tribunals.
Mr. Wookey is an active member of the Manitoba curling community and the Niakwa Golf Club.
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Arts, 1974
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Laws, 1977
- Called to the Manitoba Bar, 1978
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Manitoba Practice Advisory Committee (builders' liens)
- Executive, Manitoba Bar Association Construction Law Sub-section
- Organizing Committee, 2002 Canadian Bar Association National Construction Conference
- Arbitration and Mediation Institute of Manitoba (arbitration course)
- Administrative Assistant, Manitoba Lotteries Review Committee
- City of Winnipeg Board of Revision
- Board Member and Counsel, various Manitoba Curling Organizations
- Organizing Committee, 2003 World Curling Championships