After obtaining his Bachelor of Arts Degree and working several years as a Probation Officer, Mr. Thiessen continued his studies at the University of Manitoba and obtained his LL.B. in 1972. Prior to joining the firm of D'Arcy & Deacon in 1998, he was a Partner at Pitblado & Hoskin and also worked in the legal department of The Canadian Wheat Board for several years.
Mr. Thiessen practices primarily in the fields of corporate/commercial matters, real estate matters, wills and estates and charity matters.
Mr. Thiessen is married and has three children.
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Arts, 1965
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Laws, 1972
- Called to the Manitoba Bar, 1973
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Christian Legal Fellowship
- Member of the Board of Directors, Teach Beyond Inc.
- Member of the Board of Directors, BLF Canada
- Member of the Board of Directors, Snell Foundation Inc.