Ms. Stasiuk is a senior Associate of the firm, serving corporate and business clients in Winnipeg and Portage la Prairie in a variety of complex corporate and commercial transactions and in detailed estate and succession planning. Ms. Stasiuk has effectively balanced her corporate practice with a broad litigation practice, having appeared at all levels of court on complicated class action, commercial and estate litigation matters.
After obtaining her Bachelor of Laws degree in Manitoba in 1992, she completed her articles in Toronto at Thomson, Rogers, a full-service litigation firm. She was called to the Ontario Bar in 1994 and engaged in private practice thereafter, with the same emphasis of practice as applies to her present association.
Prior to her call to the Manitoba Bar in 1997, Ms. Stasiuk was engaged by the Government of Manitoba as a Policy Analyst, and soon thereafter was appointed Director of Policy Management Secretariat within the Premier’s executive office. Her legal practice at D'Arcy & Deacon is complemented by her former roles in government, enabling her to approach clients' legal problems from a broader, analytical perspective.
While Ms. Stasiuk approaches her legal practice with an intense work ethic and dedication to the clients she serves, she is equally dedicated to her community, having served a four year term on City Council for the City of Portage la Prairie and continues to be actively involved in community projects and various charitable endeavors.
Ms. Stasiuk is an avid sports enthusiast and supporter of the Winnipeg Jets and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, and is an active volunteer with various local community sports organizations.
She presently resides in Portage la Prairie with her husband Hans and son, Andrew.
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Science, 1988
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Laws, 1992
- Called to the Ontario Bar, 1994
- Called to the Manitoba Bar, 1997
- Seasonal Instructor, Solicitors’ Transaction Course 2002
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, North American Association of State and Provincial Lotteries
- Volunteer Member – Parks Committee (Portage la Prairie) (2011-present)
- Deputy Mayor, City of Portage la Prairie (2011-2012)
- City Councillor, City of Portage la Prairie (2011-2014)
- Chair – Community Services Committee of City Council (2011-2014)
- City Liason with the Portage Community Revitalization Corporation (2011-2014)
- Board Director – Portage Regional Recreational Authority Inc. (2011-2014)
- Past Board Member of Jocelyn House