Mr. Gripp is a partner with the firm and has been one of the firm's three managing partners. He practises in the areas of corporate and commercial, intellectual property, electronic commerce, technology, transportation and telecommunications law. Mr. Gripp's practice encompasses many small businesses and entrepreneurs as well as large national and international corporations.
Mr. Gripp's corporate and commercial law practice and experience have involved him in such areas as acquisitions, dispositions and financing in business and real estate transactions, franchising, incorporations, corporate reorganizations and amalgamations and limited partnership investment structures. Mr. Gripp is a registered trade-mark agent. His intellectual property practice and experience extends to all areas of trade-mark and copyright law on behalf of authors, publishers, artists and businesses. His technology and electronic commerce law practice and experience have involved him in software licensing, acquisitions and dispositions, internet site and service agreements, as well as electronic bill payment and financial service provider agreements and structures. Mr. Gripp's transportation practice and experience cover a broad range of cases, particularly involving truck and bus licensing applications and oppositions, freight claims and cross-border issues, as well as acquisitions and dispositions of operating authorities and transportation businesses.
Mr. Gripp has participated in numerous business and transportation related seminars, and he has been a lecturer for the University of Manitoba Faculty of Law and Red River Community College Adult Education Department. He has appeared in all levels of Court in Manitoba and before various Administrative Tribunals, including the Manitoba Motor Transport Board, the Taxi-cab Board, the Manitoba Labour Board, and the Canadian International Trade Tribunal.
Roger Gripp provides legal services through Roger Gripp Law Corporation.
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Arts, 1984
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Laws, 1987
- Call to the Manitoba Bar, 1988
Special Achievements & Awards
- Senator, JCI Canada awarded lifetime membership in December 2003
- Registered Trade-mark Agent, Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Fellow, American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Director, Concordia Hospital
- Vice-Chair, Executive/Finance Committee, Concordia Hospital
- Immediate Past Chair, Patient Safety and Care Quality Improvement Committee, Concordia Hospital
- Director / General Counsel of various charitable and community organizations
- Past National Vice-President, JCI Canada 2004
- Past Regional President, Mid-Canada Region, JCI Canada 2003-2004
- Past President, Winnipeg Junior Chamber of Commerce (Jaycees) 1993-2002