An associate with the firm, Mr. Deacon conducts a commercial practice with particular emphasis on corporate, real estate, estate, administrative and municipal law. Mr. Deacon was a partner in the firm from 1974 to 2000.
Mr. Deacon serves as legal counsel to several corporations, government agencies and municipalities. He represents several trust companies and banking institutions and assists seniors' organizations in the area of estate planning.
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Arts, 1964
- University of Manitoba Bachelor of Laws, 1967
- Call to the Manitoba Bar, 1967
Special Achievements and Awards
- Honourary Degree of Fellow of St. John's College (University of Manitoba), 1994
- Appointed to Queen's Counsel, 1997
- Former Bencher, The Law Society of Manitoba
- Member, Estate Planning Council of Winnipeg
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Director - Board of the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba
- Registrar, The Anglican Diocese of Rupert's Land
- Senator, Junior Chamber International (1976)
- Chairman - Dr. Alfred E Deacon Medical Research Foundation
- Chairman - William & Marion Snell Foundation Inc.
- Past Member - Rotary Club of Winnipeg
- Past Director, Grace General Hospital
- Past Director, Golden West Centennial Lodge
- Past Director, Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- Past Member and Chair of Council, St. John's College (University of Manitoba)
- Past Member of Council, Diocese of Rupert's Land
- Past Vice President, The University of Manitoba Alumni Association
- Past President, Big Brothers Association of Winnipeg
- Past President, Winnipeg Junior Chamber of Commerce
- Past Director, Creative Retirement Manitoba Inc.